Hi, I’m Rosie.
The ministry of my heart is mass human flourishing.
I've worked at the intersection of Wall Street finance, public policy, and Burning Man (true story!). I'm passionate about flourishing as the purpose of human activity.
Prior to pursuing my life's work of flourishing, I served as a board member of the Bay Area Council and of the New America Alliance, a national organization advocating for diverse investment fund managers at the state and federal levels.
I've meditated daily for nearly 9 years, I create art many days, and am a practitioner of The Miracle Morning®. In 2022, I endeavored toward six months without sweeteners...I accomplished that milestone and am now aiming for one year!
A Word on Money:
It is in fact possible to make flourishing the purpose of your life. Some people live for material things. Money, however, exists to create human flourishing. Every human would benefit from having a kind relationship with the technology of money, and with themself for that matter.
In 2022 I co-hosted 100 Days of Human Flourishing on Clubhouse, which was an accomplishment! The Best Of will live on this website before the end of the year.
At the end of 2022, I'll host "VON LILA ON THE RADIO" on Clubhouse. Mark your calendar: October 16, November 20, December 18, 5-7pm ET.
I wrote a framework about stakeholder engagement. People around the world have taken interest in it and it's been a blessing to share it in many countries.
The von Lila Framework is the powerful catalyst to foster engagement and participation toward liberty and equity for all.
The Framework was written through research spanning the globe, and my 22 years of generating participatory culture, working with Burning Man, and studying what goes into making highly engaged creative cultures.
“Simple. Elegant. Powerful. The von Lila Framework starts with the right questions.”
Head of Strategy and Research, Deloitte Center For The Edge
Highlights from which Rosie draws stories to share:
- Fun fact: Rosie has attended Burning Man 20 times and has worked with Burning Man headquarters for over a decade. She currently serves as a correspondent for Burning Man LIVE, and is a historian of Burning Man culture and philosophy
- Rosie has been invited as a guest to the U.S. Pentagon multiple times, and as a guest lecturer at the U.S. National Defense University
- Two time international TEDx speaker: Norway on "Human Engagement", and Bhutan on "The Complexity of a Good Life" (on behalf of Burning Man HQ)
- Podcasts! Rosie created and hosts WHAT COMES NOW.
- Since 2021, Rosie's abstained from sweeteners in support of increased creativity and smartypants-ness.
- She is a graduate of the University of San Francisco, and was the commencement speaker at her graduation where she shared with the audience of Jesuit priests about the time she snuck her boyfriend into the girls' dorm in a refrigerator box
- You can no longer find her speaking her mind on Twitter because she deleted her account. Cheerio!