Element 1: Curiosity
Participatory cultures are built by each individual asking Questions of Self:
- What do I want? (in my life, family, company, community, city)
- What can I give?
As each person awakens to their power to contribute, they then ask Questions of Others:
- What do you want to see improved?
- What are your ideas on how that can happen?
- What is stopping progress from being made?
- How do you think you can help?
ELEMENT 2: inclusion
"Nothing about us without us."
If you're creating solutions to benefit a group or individual, you must include them in the solution-making process. Involve your stakeholders from the beginning.