About The Von Lila Framework
The Von Lila Framework was created by Rosie von Lila to inspire people to build a more connected world.
It was written through research spanning the globe from Cairo to the Cape Town flats, San Francisco to Tel Aviv to Cambridge, and beyond. The Von Lila Framework is shaped through Rosie's 17+ years of generating participatory culture, working with the Burning Man organization and studying and honing just what goes into creating highly engaged creative cultures.
About Rosie von Lila
Communications Specialist, Facilitator, Author - The Von Lila Framework
Rosie is a force of nature positively impacting the lives of awake souls the world over who are ready for more. She is a passionate and powerful voice of hope and reason. She speaks around the world on how to increase citizen/participant/human engagement.
Based in Manhattan, and working frequently in Washington, D.C. and California, Rosie is a communications professional, author of The Von Lila Framework, and Co-Founder / Director, Marketing and Investor Relations of Lumera, a private equity and project finance firm focused on infrastructure investment in the United States. Prior to founding Lumera, she coached and consulted leaders based on her proprietary leadership models that drive participation and loyalty from their organizations' stakeholders. Rosie transforms "executives", "teams", "stakeholders" and "customers" into community members. Her research and experience support her philosophy that the most impactful businesses and organizations draw contribution from and deliver benefit to community members.
Rosie has been contracted and engaged by myriad organizations to improve their member participation, loyalty and shared value:
From 2012-2015 Rosie worked with Burning Man to increase coordination and improve relations with domestic and international communities and organizations.
2015 guest lecturer at the U.S. National Defense University, Eisenhower School, attended by leaders of USAID, the Department of State and high-ranking officers from the United States Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force.
Invited by the U.S. Department of Defense to deliver her framework for building relationships and human networks at The Pentagon.
Invited to attend the United Nations 2015 Informal Stakeholder Hearings of the post-2015 sustainable development agenda.
Invited by University of Notre Dame Mendoza School of Business as an idea leader in its 2016 Ireland international summit on Redesigning The World.
Contributor at How We Gather 2015, an event hosted by Harvard University Divinity School for leaders of 40 international community networks.
Keynote speaker at Startup Fest in Montreal, 2016.
Featured speaker at The Conference 2015 in Sweden, one of the premier technology conferences in Europe, on the topic of building social ecosystems.
Speaker at SXSW Interactive 2015 on citizen engagement and building participatory cities.
Speaker with Cait T. Clarke (Chief, Defender Services, Administrative Offices of the U.S. Courts) at the Washington, D.C. 2016 Equal Justice Works Leadership Development Training.
My fellow Tribe Members, Makers, Do-ers, and Believers:
- I believe that after basic needs people most want to feel a sense of connection.
- That humans care about each other, and especially in times of crises.
- I believe remaining in isolation and remaining alone is a choice. I believe help is all around.
- I believe we can change the world together -- all of us -- through work we love.
- That everyone can contribute, and everyone has something to give.
- I believe playful attitudes yield better and more creative results.
- I believe listening is the act of being willing to be contributed to.
I believe the more beautiful world is being built through:
- Transparency, generosity, inclusion and participation
- Leaving every space better than it was
- Resourcefulness, practice, experimentation, adaptability, and resilience
- Imperfection and human-ness
- Seeing the unrelenting beauty of the world, and calibrating our minds to look for it
- Making stuff happen! And making real our collective vision for a world where every human has their basic needs met and the opportunity to self-actualize, and where our planet is stewarded for our enjoyment and that of future generations
We are on the precipice of an unparalleled renaissance. What role do you choose to play? Help shape it? Or simply watch it happen?
We are a tribe of Doers. Makers. Believers… Darn right, honey.